Non-residential building permits are issued by the Supervisors. (Storage sheds, greenhouses, etc. less than 1000 sq. ft.) The cost is: Up to 100 Sq. Ft. - No Fee; 101 Sq. Ft. up to 500 Sq. Ft. - $5.00; 501 Sq. Ft. and above - $1.00 for each 100 Sq. Ft.
The Supervisors also issue Road Occupancy Permits for driveways. The cost is $25.00.
All other building permits are issued through:
Central Keystone COG
1610 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 400A
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Phone: 570-522-1326 or 1-877-457-9401
Building Permits are required for:
- New construction
- Any living space addition
- Attached garages (including one attached by breezeway)
- Any deck with floor over 30” from the ground (attached or detached to the house)
- Any roof repair/replacement of framing when attached to the house
- Any roof addition when attached to the house
- Any detached accessory structure over 1000 sq. ft.: agricultural buildings are exempt (i.e. barns, chicken houses, agricultural storage buildings. HORSEBACK RIDING ARENAS ARE NOT AGRICULTURALLY EXEMPT.)
- Renovations when changing means of egress, moving or cutting into load-bearing walls, and/or changing or moving plumbing or electric.
- All in-ground swimming pools or above-ground pools that have more than 24” of water AND are permanent.
- Any fence 6’+ high
- Any masonry wall 4’+ high
- Any renovation except for paint
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMERCIAL PLANS ARE REQUIRED TO BE SIGNED AND SEALED BY A DESIGN PROFESSIONAL.